Delos™ and Fuse Cambridge Announce Partnership to Introduce Well Signature™ Apartments in Massachusetts
Fuse Cambridge will now offer innovative apartment homes with unique health and wellness features
New York, New York and Cambridge, Massachusetts (April 18, 2016) – Today, Delos™, a pioneering wellness real estate and technology firm, and Fuse Cambridge, a 244-unit luxury apartment community located in Cambridge, MA, announce a partnership to offer Well Signature™ apartment homes intended to enhance resident health and wellness. Pioneered by Delos, Well Signature apartments incorporate innovative health and wellness features to create environments designed to actively contribute to wellness by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science, and design. Fuse Cambridge, developed by Hines and managed by The Bozzuto Group, will be the first property to introduce Well Signature apartment homes in Massachusetts.
“We are thrilled to partner with Hines to bring the Well Signature program to Fuse Cambridge,” said Delos Founder Paul Scialla. “We have long admired the firm’s vision and pioneering commitment to sustainability.”
Well Signature apartments incorporate evidence-based wellness features such as advanced water and air filtration systems and innovative lighting technologies, designed to help improve the fitness, mood, sleep patterns, and performance of its residents.
“Bringing these Well Signature apartments to Fuse Cambridge represents a milestone not only for our community, but also for the state of Massachusetts,” added Hines’ Managing Director Jim Dunlop. “Delos’ dedication to providing wellness-infused housing options is a mission that we firmly stand behind. We look forward to implementing these health and wellness features at Fuse Cambridge, and are confident that our residents will enjoy the added benefits.”
As part of the innovative program, Fuse Cambridge will offer Well Signature upgrade features on one and two-bedroom apartment homes, with Well Signature and Well Signature Plus packages available. Some of the specific features and technologies available will include:
- Advanced Air Purification: Clean air is an essential component of health and respiratory comfort. Well Signature apartments feature a multi-tiered air filtration system that quietly and unobtrusively reduces allergens, toxins, smoke and microbes from the air.
- Circadian Mood Lighting: The body’s circadian rhythm, a biological process that oscillates around a 24-hour cycle, is strengthened and adjusted through the exposure to light. Well Signature residents can personalize the room light environment, emulating the color of natural outdoor light to enhance sleep quality, energy levels and productivity or selecting vibrant colors to enhance ambience.
- Circadian Shower: Well Signature residents can also personalize the shower light environment.
- Blackout Shades: Blackout shades reduce light trespass to improve sleep quality and further help maintain circadian rhythm.
- Aromatherapy: Optional aromatherapy is provided, featuring scents that improve ambience and create a relaxing, mood-enhancing environment.
- Water Purification: Well Signature residences implement a filtration system that reduces impurities providing cleaner water.
- Cleveland Clinic Wellness: Through Delos’ exclusive partnership with Cleveland Clinic, Well Signature residents have access to world-class care through the industry-leading nonprofit academic medical center’s online programs to improve sleep and nutrition and to reduce stress.
- Well Hub: Well Signature residents also have access to curated content that informs viewers of the local time, temperature, conditions and Cleveland Clinic Wellness Tips of the Day.
Fuse Cambridge places a significant focus on the health of its residents through on-site amenities including a fitness center with cardio and strength training areas, an indoor bike storage area complete with a repair station, and a recently installed Living Green Wall, which provides natural air filtration, sound insulation, stress reduction, and thermal regulation. Fuse Cambridge is also situated adjacent to the Alewife Brook Reservation, a 120-acre nature preserve offering direct access to scenic running and biking trails, boardwalks, and playing fields.
In addition to the Well Signature offerings, each apartment home at Fuse Cambridge features oversized floor-to-ceiling windows, full-sized washers and dryers, white quartz countertops, premium kitchens with ENERGY STAR® appliances, walk-in spacious stall showers with spa-quality tile, and Kronoswiss wide plank flooring. Additionally, select homes offer walk-out patios, oversized balconies, and views of the 120-acre Alewife Brook Reservation.
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 199 cities in 19 countries. Hines has $87 billion of assets under management, including $43 billion for which Hines provides fiduciary investment management services, and $44 billion for which Hines provides third-party property-level services. The firm has 104 developments currently underway around the world. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired 1,100 properties, totaling over 346 million square feet. The firm’s current property and asset management portfolio includes 531 properties, representing over 186 million square feet. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit www.hines.com for more information.
Headquartered in the Washington, D.C. area, and celebrating its 27th year in business, Bozzuto is a diversified residential real estate company that creates extraordinary experiences of home and community. The company’s areas of expertise lie in multifamily development, construction and management for both itself and its clients, as well as homebuilding. The National Association of Home Builders has recognized Bozzuto as the nation’s premier apartment development company, and twice as Management Company of the year.
Throughout Bozzuto’s 27-year history, the company has developed, acquired and built more than 38,000 homes and apartments and currently manages more than 54,000 apartment residences spread along the East Coast between Northern Virginia and Boston. The company is committed to providing quality housing for individuals of all income levels, producing and managing everything from luxury homes and apartments to affordable housing solutions. For more information, please visit www.bozzuto.com
As the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™, Delos is transforming our homes, offices, schools, and other indoor environments by placing health and wellness at the center of design and construction decisions. Delos helps create spaces that actively contribute to human health, performance and well-being by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science, and real estate. The Delos platform includes programming, consulting, research, and an array of innovative products and technologies that research suggests may improve occupant well-being. More information on Delos is available at www.delos.com.
Callie Stanton, Delos
Cameron E. Martin, Nickerson