MGM Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas and Delos continue to set the standard in healthy hospitality with the expansion of Stay Well® by Delos – our wellness-themed hotel rooms. After an overwhelmingly positive guest response and growing demand since launching in October 2012, Stay Well® at MGM Grand has quadrupled its room count from 42 to 171 rooms and suites to encompass the entire 14th floor of the hotel’s main tower.
“The success of the Stay Well® rooms exemplifies the large consumer demand and appetite for a healthier, wellness-oriented travel experience,” said Delos founder Paul Scialla. “We are thrilled to expand the Stay Well® experience within MGM Grand and look forward to introducing Delos’ latest and most advanced health and wellness designs to guests.”
Unveiled in 2012 at MGM Grand, Stay Well® is the first of its kind to integrate medical science and technology into a hotel experience that optimizes and supports guests’ health and well-being.
Scott Sibella, president and COO of MGM Grand, said, “The feedback we’ve received from our guests since launching Stay Well® by Delos has been overwhelmingly positive. We continue to see a strong demand for this type of hotel experience and are eager to expand the program.”
The in-room Stay Well® experience features 20 evidence-based health and wellness elements including:
1) Vitamin C Infused Shower: Stay Well® rooms offer a highly unique experience to guests while showering. The Vitamin C infused shower system provides the powerful antioxidant Vitamin C through a custom designed infuser. Neutralizing the effect of chlorine, which is known to dry the skin and hair, the Vitamin C infused shower leaves guests feeling refreshed.
2) Air Purification: Clean air is essential to a healthy hotel experience, and the Stay Well® room places a strong value on air purification. Unobtrusive in presence and in sound, the air purification system is virtually silent in sleep mode and ensures guests a peaceful night’s rest. Designed to address a wide range of allergies and sensitivities, the special filters remove dust, mites, pollen, carpet fibers, mold spores, bacteria, smoke and other particle matter from the air. This air purification process provides significant benefits to the guests’ respiratory systems, especially for those who suffer from asthma or allergies.
3) Water Purification: Stay Well® rooms are equipped with a filtration system that reduces impurities and provides high quality water. Guests can be assured that the body will be in contact with water that is clean, fresh and pure.
4) Energizing Light: Lighting is an important component to the Stay Well® room experience. All rooms are equipped with energizing lights in the bathrooms. By activating the wellness button located in the mirror, guests can use the energizing light in the morning to reset their wake and sleep cycles and help them wake up. The bright white light therapy simulates the effects of outdoor light, stimulating the eyes’ photoreceptors, which suppresses the release of melatonin, a hormone that regulates the body’s sleep.
5) Dawn Simulation: Going to bed and waking up at the same time every day strengthens the guests’ sleep and wake cycles, resulting in a better night’s rest. Stay Well® rooms provide guests the option to be gently awakened by a dawn simulator, which uses increasing levels of music or natural sound, coupled with gradually increasing light. This allows the guest to experience a more natural way of waking.
6) Warm White Room Lighting: Stay Well® rooms use energy efficient LED lighting that produces a beautiful, soft, warm white light. The effect is improved ambience that minimizes disruption to the guests’ natural circadian rhythms..
7) Long Wave Night Lighting: Stay Well® rooms incorporate long wave night lights in hallways and bathrooms. While brighter and bluer lights can disrupt the body’s rest cycle, these subtle red lights are designed to sufficiently illuminate the room for safe navigation without disturbing sleep.
8) Blackout Shade Elements: Stay Well® rooms feature blackout shade elements to eliminate outside light that may trespass at night and reduce guests’ quality of sleep. By blocking light of any kind, these elements allow for a restful night’s sleep. This is particularly important for those guests who travel through multiple times zones and may experience jet lag.
9) Cedar Elements: Stay Well Signature™ rooms feature cedar baseboards in the closets, and are used to help protect and preserve clothing and freshen the air. Cedar has been shown to naturally repel many different types of pests.
10) Healthy Mattress: The Healthy Mattress featured in Stay Well Signature™ suites provides top quality support and comfort for any body type. A welcomed alternative to toxic chemicals and man-made oils used in conventional memory foam, this mattress is derived from plant extracts and certified organic essential oils, providing rejuvenating properties to the body and spirit. The natural memory foam gently contours to relieve pressure points, allowing for ease of movement and improved blood circulation and increases the amount of time spent in deep sleep.
11) Hypoallergenic Bedding: Stay Well® rooms offer guests comfort by providing bedding that is hypoallergenic, addressing skin sensitivities and irritation that may be caused from potent detergents or bothersome fabrics.
12) Aromatherapy: All Stay Well® rooms include an aromatherapy scent to improve the overall quality and ambience of the room, creating a relaxing, mood-enhancing environment for the guest.
13) Cleaning Protocol: Stay Well® rooms are cleaned using hypoallergenic, green approved products that deliver safe and effective results.
14) Healthy Menu Options: The Stay Well® experience guides our partners to provide healthy in-room dining options to guests that are approved by leading nutritionists at the Cleveland Clinic. For a quick bite on the go, Stay Well® guests may also find an assortment of healthy snacks in the room.
15) Stay Well Mobile App: The Stay Well Mobile App is a concierge at the guests’ fingertips. This innovative app includes a tour of the Stay Well® Program, room features and amenities, a jet lag tool, Cleveland Clinic programs and wellness tips. The app is available for download at the Apple App Store and Google Play for Android.
16) In-Room Program Guide: All Stay Well® rooms provide guests with a comprehensive In-Room Program Guide that highlights the features and benefits of the room. The In-Room Program Guide, along with the innovative Stay Well Mobile App, are experience enhancing features that guide the guest towards maximizing the Stay Well® journey before, during and after their stay.
17) Cleveland Clinic Exclusive Access: The Stay Well® experience continues long after check out. Upon returning home, guests are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the award winning Cleveland Clinic online programs for sleep, stress and nutritional therapy. Valued at $120, these programs are complimentary to all Stay Well® guests.
18) Deepak Chopra Welcome: Stay Well® guests may receive a welcome message from Deepak Chopra, world-renowned spiritual and wellness advocate. His message provides wisdom and insight to the entire Stay Well® room experience.
19) Designated Signage: Stay Well® common areas are designed with signage that helps guests learn about their comprehensive wellness experience. Strategically placed, the signage will serve as a guide for all who visit the common area.
Stay Well® rooms and suites at MGM Grand are available for a $30 per night upgrade above prevailing rates.
Committed to providing guests with tools to optimize their health and well-being beyond their temporary hotel stay, Delos will soon launch the online Stay Well® Store. The store provides consumers with an opportunity to purchase many of the products available in the Stay Well® rooms and can be accessed at staywellrooms.com/shop/.