Industry Insights 2017: Special Edition Workplace Wellness
Delos is excited to share with you a special edition of Industry Insights that focuses on health and well-being in the workplace! This collection of 80+ slides breaks down recent research from key industry publications. This is part of our ongoing commitment to share cutting edge knowledge and resources at the intersection of health and the built environment. In order to more easily translate the research, each slide visualizes key data from the publication and provides a quick one-sentence interpretation. Details of the study, the quality of research, and additional data interpretations are outlined within the notes section of each slide.
Example ‘take-away’ research points include:
- Although 83% of CFOs believe health is an important factor in how employees perform at their job, only 6% of employers ever calculate the return on investment (ROI) of their health benefits (Integrated Benefits Institute, 2016).
- Most employers who don’t currently have a health and productivity strategy in place plan to have one by 2018 (Willis Towers Watson, 2016).
- 75% of U.S. employees surveyed reported that stress was their top health risk factor (Willis Tower Watson, 2016).
- Globally, the majority of employees (66%) think that their employer should play an active role in encouraging healthier lifestyles (Willis Towers Watson, 2016).
- Only 1/3 of U.S. employees are engaged at work – indicating a key opportunity for businesses (Gallup, 2017).