DELOS® AND MGM GRAND LAUNCH STAY WELL® MEETINGS WITH DR. DEEPAK CHOPRA
First wellness meetings experience features amenities and programs that stimulate healthy, productive and creative work environments
NEW YORK and LAS VEGAS (August 18, 2014) – Delos®, the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™, and MGM Grand Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas today unveiled Stay Well® Meetings, the industry’s first-ever wellness meetings experience. Created by Delos, the program offers healthy environments for high-performance meetings with meeting rooms and spaces designed to optimize the health and well-being of attendees while complementing the existing Stay Well room and suite experience. To celebrate the debut, Delos Advisory Board member Dr. Deepak Chopra led the ribbon-cutting ceremony today at MGM Grand.
“Wellness is penetrating the hospitality industry and working environments are changing rapidly, so it was a natural progression for Delos to incorporate its innovative Stay Well features into meeting environments,” said Delos Founder Paul Scialla. “With the creation of the Stay Well Meetings program, we have made a breakthrough in the design and approach of business meetings. These features not only provide health benefits to attendees, but also lead to increased productivity, creativity and collaboration.”
Featuring Delos’ state-of-the-art designs and innovative wellness features, Stay Well Meetings creates a healthy work environment that helps increase the energy, focus and productivity of attendees with meeting spaces that offer evidence-based health and wellness elements, including:
- Air Purification: Reduces allergens, toxins, smoke and microbes from the air
- WELL Shield™: Self-cleaning photocatalytic coating applied to high-touch areas triggers oxidation, resulting in cleaner surfaces
- Cleaning Protocol: Use of hypoallergenic products and state-of-the-art UV wand cleaning tool, which neutralizes bacteria, viruses and other microbes
- Circadian Lighting: Engineered to emulate the properties of natural light, enhancing productivity, energy and experience
- Virtual Biophilia: Virtual window lights bring an element of the natural environment into the meeting space
- Chromatherapy: Use of dynamic color design allows for themes in meeting spaces
- Acoustic Elements: Reduces the amount of noise from outside the room, allowing for an uninterrupted meeting
- Ergonomic Elements: Furniture intended to provide optimal comfort and to avoid stress or injury
- Hydration Station: Infused water strategically placed to encourage attendee hydration
- Aromatherapy: Optional use of scent creates a relaxing, mood-enhancing environment
- Biophilia: Natural design elements create a calming atmosphere for attendees
- Mobile Application Software: Interactive app highlighting tools for activity, nutrition, jet lag, and Cleveland Clinic Wellness programs
- Wellness Station: Innovative wellness tools such as the Wellness Moment Portal, guided meditation and more to create a smarter way to meet
- Cleveland Clinic Wellness: Access to online programs for sleep, stress and nutrition
- Healthy Menu Options: Approved by leading nutritionists at Cleveland Clinic Wellness and are designated by their Go! Healthy seal
Mike Dominguez, senior vice president of corporate hotel sales for MGM Resorts International, said, “The overwhelmingly positive guest response to MGM Grand’s Stay Well Rooms encouraged us to expand Stay Well features to the meeting spaces and programming so groups can benefit from the proven offerings. Meetings and conventions is a significant segment for MGM Resorts and the team is proud to be home to the industry’s first Stay Well Meetings at MGM Grand. Attendees will be able to maintain a healthy lifestyle while traveling and enjoy an enhanced meetings experience.”
In addition to built-in wellness amenities and features, Stay Well Meetings offers Wellness Moment Programming, which consists of a selection of short mental and physical activities designed to engage the body and mind. Delos, in collaboration with experts from Cleveland Clinic Wellness, has selected activities proven to energize, boost creativity, relax and focus meeting attendees. Examples include:
- Mental Activity and Brain Teasers: Provides mental exercises to stimulate creative thinking and strategic approaches to problem solving, as well as elements that engage the hands to foster creativity and the release of tension
- Guided Meditation: Meditation narrated by Deepak Chopra encourages attendees to relax and can help enhance focus
- Digital Detox: Throughout the day, meeting attendees are given specified intervals of time to disconnect from technology
- Physical Activity Breaks: Voluntary physical activity breaks, customized to match meeting length, allow for participants to be active for a short period of time during the workday
- Wellness Moment Kit: A variety of activities that encourage mental acuity and light physical exercise to keep attendees engaged
Focused on the comprehensive health and wellness of attendees before, during and after their stay, the Stay Well experience extends from the boardroom to the hotel room, ensuring the benefits of healthy meetings are prolonged with an overnight stay in a Stay Well room or suite. The combination of the Stay Well hospitality environment and the Stay Well meeting and convention spaces optimize the physical and emotional well-being of attendees, the ideal formula for meeting success.
Dr. Deepak Chopra, world-renowned health and wellness expert, said, “The Stay Well experience is changing the way we travel today, and as someone who is always on the road, it’s an area of particular interest for me. With the outstanding success of Stay Well at MGM Grand, I am thrilled to see these evidence-based wellness technologies introduced in meeting and convention spaces, one of the most important places for health and wellness.”
Committed to providing guests with tools to optimize their health and well-being beyond their temporary hotel stay, Delos also has announced the launch of the online Stay Well Store. The store provides consumers with an opportunity to purchase many of the products available in the Stay Well rooms and can be accessed at staywellrooms.com/shop/.
As the pioneer of Wellness Real Estate™, Delos is transforming our homes, offices, schools, and other indoor environments by placing health and wellness at the center of design and construction decisions. Delos helps create spaces that actively contribute to human health, performance and wellbeing by marrying the best innovations in technology, health, science, and real estate. The Delos platform includes programming, consulting, research, and an array of innovative, built-in amenities that research suggests may improve occupant well-being. More information on Delos is available at www.delos.com.
About MGM Grand
MGM Grand is “The Entertainment Authority,” creating the ultimate Las Vegas experience. A variety of luxurious suites and standard accommodations serve every need while guests discover signature dining by celebrity chefs including Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak, Michael Mina’s PUB 1842, Wolfgang Puck’s Bar & Grill and AAA Five Diamond and Michelin three star restaurant, Joël Robuchon; world-class entertainment at the Grand Garden Arena; the astonishing KÀ by Cirque du Soleil; master illusionist David Copperfield; the vaudeville-inspired Beacher’s Madhouse; Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club; and Hakkasan Las Vegas Restaurant and Nightclub; a pampering spa and salon; and an elaborate 380,000-square-foot, non-smoking conference center. MGM Grand is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information and reservations, visit mgmgrand.com or call toll free at (877) 880-0880 or find us on Facebook and Twitter.
MGM Resorts International: